How has your week been so far? I am looking forward to the weekend already 🙂 I had a very productive weekend last week and I’ve been meaning to share but promise to tell you all about it later!.
Today, I continue with the Quilting Process series and I think it’s appropriate to start with the things you should know before you start quilting. While I was OK jumping right in and figuring out my way as I go, I definitely wish I knew most of these things then but I wouldn’t take anything away from my learning journey so far though 😉
As you must know by now, I am fairly new to Quilting myself but I’ve picked up a few things along the line. There are important information you need to be armed with as you begin your quilting journey and I could try to write all about them here. However, I think it’s best to direct you to sites where you will not only find this information but also learn loads of other lessons as you go along.
Like I said in the previous post, this series will be about my Quilting perspective with reference to others who I am equally learning from…So here we go:
- If you are going to click only one link, you should start with this…I only just found her but this post tells you what need to know about tools and other resources: http://www.sew4home.com/tips-resources/sewing-tips-tricks/quilt-basics-tools-notions-other-stuff-you-need-part-1-5
- You absolutely need to check out http://www.favequilts.com they have tons of free e-books to help you at every stage
- The list won’t be complete without http://www.craftsy.com – great online classes with lifetime access!
- http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/beginning-quilting-series – very informative and colourful blog by Amy Smart
- There will be a whole lot more coming as we continue the series.
Thanks again for stopping!